Friday, May 15, 2009

Vista and Canyon


I really had fun working on these Burmese Mountain dogs! Vista, still a bit of a puppy, and Canyon are both big, energetic, lovable dogs. I don't often take on commissions, but working with pets seems to offer a fulfillment that is enjoyable. Getting to know the pets and what they mean to their owners, then being able to create a work of art that will bring a lasting joy means a lot to me. I had a pet bird, Okie, who was the subject of many sketches, drawings and a few paintings, they evoke nice memories.

Painting: "Vista and Canyon" © Beatrice Bork 2009

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bea,

    This is one of my favorite pieces. Excellent!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I've seen this painting in person, I can say it look even better live. Amazing, bacause it looks so good on my screen.

    ReplyDelete