Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hanging a show...

I spent some time yesterday hanging my paintings for the exhibit opening this Friday. All artists seem to approach this differently, some sketch every detail of their display and others simply bring what they want to show and figure it out when they get there. I generally will have a rough idea, but don't plan too much. After 20-ish years of hanging shows, it seems that if I plan less, I won't be as stressed if things don't work out exactly as I thought. My strategy was to just lean the paintings along the wall, look at the groupings and re-arrange until they all worked well together, I am pleased with the results.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bea,

    Your show looks great, good luck!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful show and a nice venue.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete