Sunday, May 17, 2009

Buying Art


Buying an original painting can be a great experience for both the buyer and the artist. While we know the artist needs to make a living, a sale does go deeper than a simple retail transaction. Their thoughts, ideas and feelings are in the piece, it is not a mass produced item it is personal. When someone makes a connection with a painting it is just as fulfilling emotionally to the artist.

I have been painting for over 20 years now, and have known some collectors since the beginning of my career. It is so heartwarming to me when someone tells me how one of my pieces has touched them; remembering a loved one, or a childhood memory or just simply grabbed their attention and they still enjoy it years later. It is so inspirational, it really gives you the urge to paint! So, if you see a work of art that really grabs you, please mention it to the artist.

Painting: "Moment of Solitude" watercolor © Beatrice Bork

1 comment: