Sunday, April 25, 2010

"Potsticker"


May is rapidly approaching, and the opening of the "Wild Together" exhibit is coming quickly, along with new paintings, framing and PR/mailings for the show. I'm also getting some new giclée prints ready, I've just finished new print that I hope you'll enjoy, the original was inspired by several trips to the south, Florida was one of those family trips we would take as kids. We would spend 2 days getting to what was then an exotic location. Cool little lizards darting about everywhere and we were totally fascinated that they could just climb on every surface! And, as with most kids, we loved to try and catch them (mostly with no luck!). As in all my paintings, there is some personal connection that I have with my subject matter, and this little guy was one that reminded me of how they showed themselves to us, almost daring us to try and catch them, only to dart off the minute our eyes fixed on them.

"Potsticker"
American Anole
Giclee Print
4.75" x 7.25"

No comments:

Post a Comment