Saturday, April 18, 2009

Trinidad in the news



The President is in Trinidad for the 5th Summit of the Americas, and I wanted to share what a big fan I am of the island! I won The Don Eckelberry Scholarship award in 2004, and have since had many wonderful experiences in Trinidad, and am constantly being inspired by it. The wildlife, the people, the culture, the climate and the food (Doubles for breakfast is one of many, delights)! During my first trip, I spent the majority of time at Asa Wright Nature Center, and was blown away by the amount of bird-life, butterflies and a variety of other animals there. I saw over 100 new species of bird during my first trip to that beautiful island. There is far too much to put on a single blog entry, so expect much more to come...

Photos: Purple Honeycreeper (top) and "89" Butterfly © Beatrice Bork

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bea,
    Nice to see you got a blog up, doubles~one of my favorite foods, I'll eat one for you!

    I worked in POS for the Summit of the Americas hoping to catch a glimpse of President Obama, but no luck :( What made up for it though, was being able to visit/eat on the huge cruiseship "Carnival Victory" that was present on the island, its beautiful!
    Keep in touch,
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, can't wait to see more from your trips!!

    Paul Grecian

    ReplyDelete