Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One month to go...

It's one month until the opening of my next show. This show will feature Joe Kazimierczyk as well as myself. Joe and I both share a love of outdoors, and thus the show is called "Connections", he will be exhibiting landscapes, and I will have my animal paintings. It will be at Artists' Gallery, in Lambertville, New Jersey through the month of May.

The postcards arrived last week, and the reality of having less and less time is getting apparent. Today's plan is to work on framing and, of course, continue to paint (this will be the basic plan for everyday leading up until hanging the show).

The watercolor, Dreams of Spring, which I posted here is a of an Eastern Bluebird. I equate bluebirds to one of the early signs of spring, although I do occasionally see them through the winter. This piece was done in March, the painting reflects my thoughts that this is that last big snow before spring—its a heavy wet snow that will probably melt fast.

To find out more information on the exhibit go to: Artists' Gallery

"Dreams of Spring" © Beatrice Bork, 2009

2 comments:

  1. As someone with a vested interest, I can't say how much I am looking forward to this show! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful painting! I'm very glad you have a blog Bea. I'll be following it closely.

    Paul Grecian

    ReplyDelete