Saturday, June 29, 2013

Meadowhawk

"Meadowhawk" Limited Edition (of 20) Giclee © Beatrice Bork
Subject: Autumn Meadowhawk dragonfly. Image size: 5 x 8.5"

I'm pleased to present a new giclee print, Meadowhawk.  The inspiration for this piece came to me while I was teaching a workshop at the beautifully landscaped, Leonard J. Buck Garden (part of Somerset County Park Commission, NJ.)  a couple of years ago. There were many of these Dragonflies (Autumn Meadowhawks) about on this particular summer's day and I just loved how their red bodies stood out among the various greens, and the plant it perched on made the whole image a bit other-worldly.  (The original painting is sold).

I will again be leading this one-day class on October 17th, this time with an autumn backdrop. I'm looking forward to the changes in color and how it influences the students. For more information check out the Somerset County Parks Calendar, (scroll down to the heading "Art in the Garden –Watercolors in the Garden").


No comments:

Post a Comment