Friday, June 7, 2013

Artists for Conservation

"Waylay in the Mango Tree" © Beatrice Bork
I was excited to find out yesterday, that my watercolor painting "Waylay in the Mango Tree" was selected by jury for the Artists for Conservation 2013 exhibit in Vancouver Canada. The AFC's festival will be September 28 – October 6, 2013 at Grouse Mountain Resort. Art selected will have a portion of its sale go to a conservation group of the artists choice. I'm hoping the show has many sales, as there are many great groups that will benefit! My group of choice is the Asa Wright Nature Centre in Trinidad (West Indies). This is a place that has grown very dear to me since I first visited in 2005, through being a recipient of the Don Eckelberry Award. I have been several times since. The subject here is a bananaquit, which is fairly common on the islands, but still fascinating to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment