Friday, May 10, 2013

Showing this month

Sanderlings at Sunset
© Beatrice Bork
 I continually have work represented at Artists' Gallery in Lambertville, NJ. This month I have gone to the "shore" (as I am a "Jersey girl" I call it the shore ;)  Three of the pieces on display are from NJ, Stone Harbor (Sanderlings at Sunset, and Windward),  and Cape May (Summerhouse at the Shore) plus one from a distance, Trinidad & Tobago (Little Blue Heron). 

I have fond memories of spending summer vacations at the Jersey Shore, making sandcastles, digging for mole crabs (aka sand fleas), feeding seagulls, and just having a great time riding the waves along with thralls of people! As I got a little older the quiet off-peak season seems to appeal to me a lot more, rythmic sound of waves, gulls calling and the sun feeling great in contrast to the ocean breeze. I also spend more time bird watching in and around the coast. But, no matter where I am in my travels, I always seem to find it soothing near the sea.

Windward, Tree Swallows © Beatrice Bork

No comments:

Post a Comment