Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What's ahead?


Bees © watercolor
Beatrice Bork
Some events for the year ahead are already “etched” into the calendar... In fact, some are carry-overs from 2011. My painting “Bees” is on tour with the Society of Animal Artists Exhibit — which started in Michigan last September, and is currently at Peninsula Fine Art Center in Newport News, Virginia through March 25, it will then continue on to Appleton Museum of Art in Ocala, Florida from April 12–June 12, 2012.

My first duo-feature exhibit will be in May with Michael Schweigart at Artists’ Gallery in Lambertville NJ. The next one, will be a couple doors down at The Bank of Princeton which will be a special duo exhibit with my father in October. More details to come on both of these. My work is of course is also displayed continuously at Artists’ Gallery, as well as Soul Made Gallery in Pt. Pleasant Beach, NJ.

Rufous-browed Peppershrike,
watercolor sketch © Beatrice Bork

I have several ideas for future paintings, and continuously work on these throughout the year. I'm always open to new inspiration as it comes. Pictured is a watercolor sketch of a Rufous-browed Peppershrike that I painted on location in Trinidad earlier this year, time will tell if it sparks a larger painting idea.

So the calendar is off to a good start and I’m looking forward to the upcoming events and what else the year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment