Saturday, November 27, 2010

Maybe a Siesta isn't a bad idea...

I had a lovely Thanksgiving, our family is pretty small but we always seem to have a good time. After all the cooking, eating, more eating, football, and washing dishes (that somehow seem to multiply on their own) the day was done. This year ended on a sad note, we got a call that one of my Uncle's passed away. This wasn't a shock for he had a long illness, but it stopped the "hectic-ness" of the day and made me think that we should really enjoy the present time. My uncle was a passionate motorcyclist, he was "cool" even though he was unconventional. His last trip on his motorcycle was to drive across the country, what an awesome thing to do.

I really appreciate being an artist. I enjoy living my passion, as did my Uncle. I guess I too have an unconventional life, but so far so good. I'm doing it my way—I do have my rational moments, of course. I will enjoy the busy season, but I will take that Siesta if I feel like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment