Friday, September 20, 2013

Waylay in the Mango Tree

"Waylay in the Mango Tree" © Beatrice Bork

This has been a busy couple of months for me, I currently have twelve watercolor paintings at D&R Greenway in Princeton, NJ until October 5th, and a duo feature show at Artists' Gallery in Lambertville, NJ starting October 10 (with an opening reception on the 12th). But, I would like to also mention that I have painting juried in at the 2013 Artists For Conservation Festival (AFC) group show (Sept. 28 – Oct. 6th) in North Vancouver, BC Canada. This is a great exhibit and festival aimed to benefit conservation throughout the world. Painting sale portions will benefit the organization of the artists choice, I have chosen Asa Wright Nature Center in Trinidad & Tobago. I was honored to be chosen for the Don Eckelberry Scholarship Award and spent 10 days there to study birds—I was so entranced with the place I have returned nearly every year since, and even have a painting 

No comments:

Post a Comment