Friday, March 15, 2013

Flamingos, inception...

The Flamingos painting is coming along well, a few distractions this week made it a little slower, so I thought I'd go back to its very beginning, its inception if you will.  I will continue with the progress of the painting next week.

I found one of the very first scribbles for the idea of the Flamingo piece that I'm currently working on. This is how many ideas are "captured", a sighting or a thought is scribbled onto the very first piece of paper I can find and then it "gels" in my mind until I'm ready to formulate it into a real painting. Sometimes I refer back to the sketch, sometimes not. I probably have hundreds of these sketches laying around, some become paintings, some become inspirations for something else, and some never get further than the initial "light bulb" moment.

Initial idea/sketch, on scrap notebook paper, Sept. 2012.  As you can see I was thinking about the number of  birds to include in the piece.  © Beatrice Bork

3 comments:

  1. Hello Beatrice, I have admired your work for years and am looking forward to your presentation at the Artsbridge meeting.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- Will you be adding a widget for subscribers to see your new posts in their email? The Subscribe to link doesn't work on my system.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan! Thank you for your comments, I look forward to seeing you at Artsbridge! I will look into the widget for subscribers (I'm not as technically savy as I'd like to be, I'll try to find out how it works) in the mean-time, I am trying to keep up to date with my blog by posting on Fridays. If you have any questions feel free to ask, maybe I'll turn it into a blog. All the best, Beatrice

    ReplyDelete