Thursday, August 11, 2011

Horses. Part 4


After comments from the client, as well as my own thoughts about the previous drawing, I've incorporated the changes into this new sketch. The challenge of a commissioned piece is the requirement of not only creating the composition and being accurate to the species, there is the additional component to also being true to the character of each individual. I've sent this drawing to the client and will probably generate one more drawing before I move into the painting. Because I work with watercolor, I need the drawing to be precise before I start. Unlike oil or acrylics there isn't much room for error, I can't really edit a piece in the process. You could say that watercolor is "extreme painting" like a sky diver, once your out of the plane you can't go back. :)

Horses © pencil drawing, Beatrice Bork

No comments:

Post a Comment