Saturday, October 23, 2010

November and the Meadowhawk


October is winding down and I'm gearing up for an event on Nov. 6th. It will be a "salon" style exhibit for one day only, a more relaxed show, some conversation, some art and some refreshments with some good folks! Here's a piece I'll be bringing to the show, I've also placed more new paintings on my website.

The painting shown was inspired this summer, while I was teaching a workshop at Leonard J. Buck Gardens in Far Hills, NJ. There were several of these red dragonflies flying around and these wonderful pod-like plants by the pond that gave me an other-wordly feel. Intricate, yet simple. Upon further research, I determined these were Autumn Meadowhawks. This info. actually put a smile on my face due to the irony that I'm basically known for being a bird artist (although I do like to paint a variety of different animals).

If you have interest in coming to the "salon" please contact me through my website.

"Meadowhawk" Autumn Meadowhawk, watercolor © Beatrice Bork

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love your blog..it's very pretty! my name's martina and I come from Italy...I would like you visit my blog and if you like it....follow me!I wait you and your tips!kiss kiss!^^

    There is a giveaway on my blog...why don't you partecipate? you can win an SOCUTE's accessory!http://glamourmarmalade.blogspot.com/2010/11/first-giveaway-socute.html

    ReplyDelete